Editorial Staff, Artists and Contributors Needed for AFS

If you have the desire, time and skills and would like to be a part of the Editorial Staff or a regular contributor here at AFS please contact Mark for more details.
smptrmrk
@gmail.com



If you have the means and would like to donate to AFS it would be graciously accepted.

Generation We- The Best Greatest Hope For The Future Of America


"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." John W. Whiteside, Founder, Rutherford Institute
I came across a post and video today on one of the numerous blog and news sites that I frequent ( actually one of my favorites called the Immoral Minority  ) entitled "My little girl and the power of tomorrow". 


The post was made by the owner of the blog named Gryphen and detailed how his daughter was responsible for his coming to be a blog master some 6 years previously but had never really been interested in the blog itself. He goes on to to mention that she is the one who found this video and insisted he post it.






Generation WE: The Movement Begins... from Generation We on Vimeo


The pride he has in his child, her hopes, dreams and accomplishments resonated very strongly with me as I am also a parent of 2 Generation We children. 

I have watched this phenomenon of social responsibility bud very early  in my kids as well as others to a degree I didn't think was normal considering I didn't become politically active till I was well in My late 20's or even early 30's. I just really didn't think it was as wide spread as this video depicts.


This got me to thinking. Was this just because of the Nature/Nurture theory that children are products of their environmental support structure? If so it holds that many of our parents did a bang up job raising us so in turn we did even better with our own kids. At least I hope that is the case and if so then I (as Gryphen said) would like to give myself a little pat on the back and my parents a big hug for what they did for me.


No matter what the cause is the effect remains that for the most part kids today are setting goals we could have never fathomed let alone attained. They are beginning young to be politically aware and as they are reaching voting age they are and will increasingly be the deciding factor on how our cities countries and world will be shaped. By all that I have seen the majority of them will do far better than we have done so far and at an earlier age.


So here is where I throw the monkey wrench into the machine and muck it up.

Gryphen points out for just these reasons he made and I also write about here the republican machine and its evil spawn the Tea buggers are running scared thinking their days are numbered.


They are wanting to legislate all areas of the family, in that they want to control a woman's right to choose whether to have children and how she goes about it. We all know that the extreme right tend to have far more kids than the mid to left political minded. Much of the funding for the elections today by the industrial complex are to push back many of these same social reforms that have caused this paradigm shift we see in our own children back to a day of social slavery.


With the degree of fear, greed and narcissistic selfishness prevalent in the political arena how is this affecting the views and opinions of the children whose parents of the extreme right?


When thinking on this the only person that came to my mind was the queen bee her self Sarah Palin.  I am not one to often comment on how a person raises their children in public but this issue really needs to be talked about.


All of America and the world has been witness to her rants as well as those of many of the people she supports. The corruption and greed that they vehemently deny, as well as the lies and machinations they spread have to be seen to an exponentially greater degree by her children. Whether they are too young to recognize it or not, it must surely be to a point detrimental to their development.


I think in all honesty this hypothesis is born out by the frequency, level and degree of dysfunctional  behavior exhibited in the past.

Does this mean that not just the Palins but many of the like minded families, because of the simple fact that they breed more could usurp much of the Generation We kids momentum to building a better world?

I don't know a whole lot about the Palins in particular but Gryphens' blog is based out of Alaska and I would like to know from some of his posters if they could confirm that the run ins with the law, teen pregnancy and alcohol abuse extend to other members of the family and not just Bristol.

I am hoping that for all of our kids sake I am dead wrong and that even the Palin kids and others like them can rise above their parent hate and prejudices and choose the better angles of their own nature.


Wake Up Sarah. Today seems rosy and dollar filled but if your kids turn out to buck your beliefs and become part of Generation We they might not be so proud of Mommy Warbucks anymore.

But since we cant count on Sister Sarah to do the right thing and be considerate to her kids and ours all we have left is the power of the vote to make sure there are people other than the corporate hate mongers to preserve what is left for Generation We.

Posted by Mark Sumpter on 4:26 PM. Filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comments for Generation We- The Best Greatest Hope For The Future Of America

Leave comment

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Photo Gallery

All Rights Reserved 2010 / Almost Free Speech